The castle Wolfsbrunn
The castle walls of Wolfsbrunn tell us stories - stories about extravagant joie de vivre, dazzling sounds, graceful art, and splendid celebrations.
Wolfsbrunn was founded in 1911 by the mining entrepreneur Dr. Karl Georg Wolf. The Munich architect Emanuel von Seidl, who was known for the designs of castle-like residences, was responsible for the construction. The residence is not far from Stein Castle and near the Zwickauer Mulde. The property was made in the late Art Nouveau style, which is clearly reflected in the architecture and furnishings to this day. Renowned artists such as Julius Dietz and Georg Wrba took on a loving design. Many historical elements are still preserved in their original state today.
The magnificently built castle gave the music and wine lover, Dr. Wolf, the opportunity to share his passion with influential personalities from business and politicians. Wolfsbrunn was, therefore, a popular venue for house concerts and wine tastings during this time.
The wolf in the fountain made of red sandstone gave the castle its name in an artistic way. Until his death in 1934, Dr. Karl Georg Wolf enjoyed an excellent life.